Phew, I am back! I was suddenly STRUCK with a sore throat last Wednesday night that drained all my energy. What do you do when the weather is crummy and you are also feeling crummy? Watch movies! While I was under the weather, it was raining all day long here in San Francisco. So I pulled out my movie list and watched them from the comforts of my bed. Here’s my list:
1. It’s Complicated – A Nancy Meyer film starring Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. It’s quirky, funny, sweet and touching. You have to watch it. You can rent it from iTunes for $2.99. A steal. Just. Do. It. Seriously. They filmed the movie in this beautiful Spanish style home in Santa Barbara and it is fa-bu-lous.
2. You’ve Got Mail – A total classic! Need I say more? It’s adorable.
3. Something’s Gotta Give – Another Nancy Meyer film. Yes, I have a thing for all her movies! This one starring Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson. Again, definitely adorable.
4. Runaway Bride – Another classic! Julia Roberts truly is a great actress.
5. The Holiday – Okay, one FINAL Nancy Meyer film. Starring Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black. It’s about finding someone who loves you for who you are. Empowerment, I say!
The rain is hanging around the Bay Area this weekend, so I am looking for some new movies to add to my list. What are some of your go-to movies when you are sick or stuck at home? I’d love to know!
- joodyimage – it’s complicated | you’ve got mail | something’s gotta give | runaway bride | the holiday